1. I'm afraid of ducks and other large birds, but especially ducks. Not pictures of them, just in person. They bite.
2. Same for cows. I'm afraid to be around cows.
3. My favorite candy is dark chocolate, but I also love caramel.
4. When I had surgery several years ago, I was fascinated by the pictures from the scope inside me. I find things like that very interesting. However, when I tried to change my bandages, I passed out. Literally. Pictures and videos are one thing, but a hole in my own skin is another.
5. I was terrified of giving birth without an epidural. However, since it didn't have time to take effect before Sophie was born (impatient little thing), I wouldn't have bothered if I had known the doctor was going to give me a shot of Lidocane "down there." If we were to have more children (but we're not) I wouldn't bother with the epidural at all.
6. I just ate a piece of chocolate cake that looked delicious but was not at all, and so not worth the calories.
7. My music collection is quite varied. When I say I like everything but country and heavy metal, I mean it. My iPod jumps from rap to classical to alternative to jazz to indie to electronica to musicals. And I love them all!
8. I don't, however, like boy bands, emo groups, or manufactuerd bubblegum pop. They annoy me equally.
9. I find I lack some impulse control. For instance, this morning as I was getting ready for work, I decided to give the cat a bath because she needed it. Why didn't I stop to think "I'll do that after work?" No idea. It never occured to me. But I have a clean, flea-free cat! (Apparently the flea drops from the grocery store only work in the area where it's applied. The front half of her body was fine, but her belly and back legs were pitiful.)
10. I'm trying to trick myself into drinking less caffiene. I had one glass of tea at lunch yesterday, and 1 (albeit large) latte this morning. So far it's working! (I said less, not none. I'm not crazy. Not totally, anyway.)