Two years ago I wrote this post about ten things on Facebook that annoyed me. It's still one of my most popular posts ever, and is the reason for the "featured on BlogHer" over on the right. Things change, though, and now there are different reasons Facebook annoys me.
1. Begging for help with games. Any game. They are just stupid games, nothing important. I have most game apps blocked on Facebook anyway, but all the posts asking for extra help from others get on my nerves.
2. Allllllll the animal posts. Lost dog locally? I'll share that, no problem. A photo of a terribly abused animal just because? No. "Share if you're against cruelty to animals?" No. Of course I am, and everyone on my friends list should know that without being subjected to the photos. Please rescue these animals from shelters in other states? No, sorry. If someone has the urge to rescue pets from shelters, there are several locally with animals just as cute, just as loving, just as endangered. I'll put you in touch with them, gladly.
3. Political ranting. "Your endless Facebook ranting and reposting of inflammatory memes totally changed my political views" said no one, ever. And while we're on this subject- do some fact-checking before reposting, please.
4. Endless direct sales. How many online "parties" can one person have at a time? Seriously!
5. "Just ate lunch" "Bathroom break" "Ugh I hate my job" "OMG I hate Mondaysssss" - and that's the adults.
I try to ignore all these, though, because more than anything else, Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with long-distance family and friends. For that, I'll put up with almost anything.