Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tasty!





I just made this to take to work tomorrow for lunch. I was inspired by my friend Amy's recipe for veggie fried "rice" using quinoa, but at the same time I was also cooking our dinner & didn't want to look up the recipe. So I improvised.

I cut a small zucchini and two small yellow squash into half-inch slices then quartered the slices. Then I cut 3 or 4 bigger broccoli florets into similarly sized pieces. Finally, I cut up a small handful of baby carrots into little pieces.

I sautéed the veggies in a combination of Wildtree lemon and garlic flavored grapeseed oils. Then I added maybe 1/4 c chicken broth and put the lid on the pan and let them cook a few minutes longer. Finally I stirred in leftover cooked quinoa. (I cooked with chicken broth instead of water, and made extra for this purpose. I estimate I used the equivalent of a third of a 2 c package of dry quinoa.)

I had planned on adding some Wildtree Outrageous Orange sauce, but after tasting the dish I thought it was perfect as it was. I can't wait to eat it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment