Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Swinging




Back and forth, back and forth
"I want circles!" So I turn the swing round and round, twisting the ropes together. I pull her to me. "One, two, three, kiss, WHEE!" I let go and she's off, swinging and spinning and laughing hard, shrieking with joy. We hear dogs barking. Wave at the neighbor. "What's that moosik?" Icee truck coming down our street, but she doesn't need to know that. "Just a truck, sweetie." "Bye, truck! Push me again, Mommy!"

Neighborhood is quietly active. Cars going by, helicopter in the sky, kids playing basketball on the other street. Birds chirping. Dogs barking. Swinging calmly, gently now. Breeze blowing through the trees. She won't admit it, but she's getting tired. It's soon time to go in, time to make dinner, clean up, give bath, prepare to return to work in the morning.

But for this moment, we are swinging.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Swinging is so much fun and very relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete