(Once again, idea found on this nifty list)
I've been using Facebook since the early days - after only Ivy-league schools were eligible, but still when you could only sign up with a valid university email address. It sure has changed a lot over the years, and grown tremendously. I think the changes are great, for the most part. It is definitely more user friendly, and it's become an excellent way to keep in touch with friends and family across the country and around the world.
Some things can be VERY annoying, though.
1. The stupid games. No, I do NOT want to build a farm, village, restaurant, or mafia. I don't want to hunt Easter eggs or pick corn or play poker or some weird game I've never heard of. I don't want to take ridiculous quizzes written by high school kids (who need to pay more attention in spelling and grammar class instead of writing stupid quizzes for Facebook). If I get requests for these, I block the application. So quit. Too many, and I may block you, too.
2. Whiny posts. You know what I'm talking about. The "life sucks" status updates, or the ones that really contain too much information for such a public venue. Saying you're sick at home today is one thing. I don't want details.
3. cR38iVe sP3L7inG. Creative spelling looks ridiculous, is hard to read, and makes the person writing it look like they have an IQ that would be carded if it was an age. Also in this category are the status updates with swirlies and hearts and flowers that take up six lines to say five words.
4. The "post this if you have a mother/father/sister/brother/son/daughter/husband/wife/friend/randomstrangeronthestreet and love/hate/miss/respect/wishdeathupon them or else you are heartless/mean/insensitive/againstpuppies/reallysmart" status updates.
5. Checking in. (The Facebook version of FourSquare) Seriously, people, it's like asking to be robbed or stalked.
6. An endless stream of posts "talking" to a television show. No explanation should be needed here.
7. Solicitation posts. Yes, I post links to my blog posts and to my hair clip page/Etsy site, and sometimes write in the message box one sentence with a reason (new items added, something like that) but that's it. I hate being bombarded with post after post selling things. Mix it up a little!
8. Bad grammar. The only child I am Facebook friends with is my own child. Everyone else is an adult and should post in that manner! I don't expect formal language, but come on! Don't try to sound like a 15 year old rap artist. Fo realz yall. (See how stupid that looks?)
9. If you send me a text message about something on Facebook , please reference that in the message so I know what in the world you're talking about. Also, if I post something, don't ask my husband what I'm talking about, and vice-versa. I don't check his profile so I likely don't have a clue what you're talking about.
10. Mean people suck. Seriously, just because you can't see the person you're insulting doesn't mean they aren't real. Be nice or be quiet.