Today, I am glad I don't work in journalism after all. First there was the shocking "news" about Will and Jada Smith splitting (Neither rep has confirmed, so I'm still hoping it's a rumor). Then this afternoon East Tennessee was rocked by the news that beloved coach Pat Summit has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. Shortly after that, there is an earthquake on the east coast. On top of all the national news, Emma is sick at home with another bad headache. She's been following the medication regimen, keeping her headache diary, and taking the new prescription pain medicine. Today, she woke with another one and has gotten no relief all day. She also runs a slight fever each time. Tomorrow morning is her follow-up visit, and I'm afraid she'll have to have the further testing - CT scan, some other sort of test of the sinuses and ears, and who knows what else. That's just the "Worried Mama" in me, but I can't help it!
On a happier note - I'm happy to accept the Versatile Blogger award for Inspired Life from Tia at Depression Cookies. I am reading her book (also titled Depression Cookies) and loving it. I am honored to be included on her list of what I consider "real" writers.
The Rules of accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact them to let them know).
Ok, seven things about myself:
1. I despise tomatoes. I like ketchup, and spaghetti sauce, things like that, but I H.A.T.E. tomatoes. And I live in tomato country! People here go nuts over big, red, ripe, juicy tomatoes, ooh and ahh over tomato sandwiches, and put them on everything. The smell makes me want to throw up. They're gross and stinky and slimy.
2. I seem to have beaten my caffeine addiction without even realizing it! I didn't do it on purpose, but once I started using MyFitnessPal.com I realized how many calories I was ingesting daily. All that sweet tea, Dr Pepper, and lattes and cappuccinos really add up! Now if I can only battle the sugar problem... I have made a big improvement there, also, though.
3. I'm not a fan of "reality TV" but I LOVE Big Brother and also Gene Simmons Family Jewels. (Even though I've never been a KISS fan)
4. I'm a procrastinator.
5. I watch too much TV. Thank goodness for DVR, though! I'd see much less if we still had only one tv and could only watch one show at a time.
6. I'm a reformed technophobe. I never used to care about things like that, now I'm excited to check out the new products from the CES show in Las Vegas. I have iPod, iPhone, laptop, Blackberry, netbook, tiny video camera, regular camera. I had an ebook reader before they were popular (unfortunately, though, the thing is dead now. RIP old faithful friend!) I am dying for a Toshiba Thrive.
7. I am by nature a night owl. I could easily stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep until 11. Unfortunately, being an adult with the usual working hours puts a damper on sleeping in, and I struggle in mornings.
Ok, now for the 15 bloggers. All wonderful writers!
1. The Traveling Fridge
2. Passion. Dedication. Life. Us.
3. Ph.D Candi
4. Love, Life, and a Baby
5. View from Down Here
6. bhulbhulaiyan (Great blog, but don't ask me to pronounce it!)
7. Let's Talk and Walk
8. She Started It
9. Babyhellfire has a blog?!
10. A Bumbling Idiot
11. Renee CK
12. Southern Goddess
13. Perceived Truth
15. Mom Et Al
Fifteen great writers - check them out for yourself!
And thanks again to Tia, who really made my day. I was having a "why do I keep doing this, it doesn't matter" kind of days. Thank you for inspiring me to keep going.