Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bedtime

I'm laying in bed with a chatty little toddler who slept all the way home from her Nana & Papa's house, so she's not in a hurry to sleep now.
She's kissing & hugging the cat. She's singing. She will sing along and do all the motions to Wheels on the Bus if you sing with her. She's trying to tell me something, but I don't understand. She's stood & banged the headboard and hidden under the blanket. She's even thrown in a high-pitched toddler scream just for good measure. I tried to take a picture a few minutes ago- she was laying with her head on my husband's pillow with her blankie over her head, so only a bright blue eye could be seen. My phone got her attention, though, & I never could get a photo.

She's talking a bit more. She calls anything to drink "milk" and says "mone" for phone. She said "no bocks" yesterday when she was done with her blocks and "my bites" when she wanted her sister's dinner. Somehow we often understand what she's saying even when the words aren't clear.

She was still for just a moment! Don't let the expression fool you- she's not sleeping in this picture.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: