Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day

This weekend is Mother's Day. My husband asked me what I want, and once again I can't think of anything that can be purchased. So, like previous years (this is getting to be a traditon!), here is my Mother's Day wish list.

Time. Time to do something for myself, time together as a family. Chatter and cuddles and games and love.
A weekend without electronics. No TV. No video games. No computer. No iPhone or iPod. (Skyping with Grandma excluded from this rule of course.)
Breakfast in bed. I want pancakes and fruit.
I'd love it if the girls made something for me. It's been years since I had a gift like that. Just a card from their hands, working together, is fine.
My parents are coming over for dinner on Sunday. I'll be cooking, but it would be very nice if just this once it wasn't the two mothers cleaning up the kitchen after. My husband and Emma could, right? I mean, we DO have a dishwasher.
Since my project last weekend, we now can easily access our piles of board games. I want to play together. We used to do this all the time, but not so much any more. Card games, board games, whatever. It's just so fun being present with each other. And no hurt feelings about winning or losing - it's just a game. The score doesn't count in the big picture, the time together having fun does.
I doubt we'll have time for a family trip to the park, but I would love that so much. It's too rare.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great list! I'd love some pancakes in bed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really don't want much, do we? Other than to be appreciated and given some time to relax and not stress about dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is TIME also- I clarified mine this year when my daughter asked me...I said, "I would like a bit more time with you and Katrina" now that they are both married I don't seem to get enough time with them :)...but they say it is my fault that I'm just too busy.

    So yes- TIME definitely tops the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like what would be a perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete