Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today was Mom-Daughter Day

Emma, my 13 year old daughter, and I don't get much time just the two of us any more. We would like to have Mom-Daughter dates regularly, but it's been a while. While she was at camp this week, I decided that today would be our next one.

After church, we took Sophie home to Daddy, changed clothes, and headed out. Our first stop was lunch at Newk's Cafe. We love this restaurant! I ordered a club sandwich with fruit, and Emma ordered a chef salad. It was huge! Her face was hilarious when it was brought out.
You can't tell here, but the bowl is as deep as her fork!

After lunch, we had a little setback - as we were getting into the car, my favorite jeans ripped down the back! Luckily Emma had worn a zip up hoodie today; I tied it around my waist to hide the giant rip. We crossed the street to J.C. Penney and I was able to find a replacement pair on clearance. She and I had fun trying on others things, too. We didn't get any others  but added a few items to our wish lists. 

Next was more shopping. We visited several stores, just taking our time looking at things. She had never been to Pier One before, so we went in. She was in love! We both loved so many things there, from furniture to little things. We did get some glasses while we were there, one for each of us. They are so fun! Each one has a little chalkboard square, and comes with two sticks of chalk. (Funny side note- one of the employees offered to help us in the furniture section and we told her we were just looking. She asked if we were getting ready for the dorms this fall! Emma told her she was only 13 - she couldn't believe it. I am SO not ready to think about college yet!)

Now everyone knows whose lemonade this is!


We eventually made it to our favorite ice cream shop, Marble Slab. The hardest part is deciding what to order! Everything is so good, though. We both were disappointed in our waffle cone/bowl today, though. They were both so hard it hurt to eat them! The ice cream did not disappoint, though.

We were getting tired, so we only went to one more store after our ice cream. Emma is reading a book series and was missing one of them, so we stopped at Borders and picked up the missing book. I'm pretty sure she'll spend a lot of time tomorrow reading, especially since before camp she was grounded from the computer, with "time to be served" after camp.

We had such a good time! We had originally wanted to see a movie, but everything was sold out. The earliest movie available was at 9:40 pm! Not happening. She may not have school tomorrow, but I have work. I'd never get up on time if we were out that late!

We really have to plan more regular days together. I am so thankful, though. I know how lucky I am to have such a good relationship with my daughter. I hope that it continues as she gets older.

More random pictures from today:
Stationery from Pier One

I love this cup! (From Target)

Can I get two of these please? One for Sophie, one for Emma.

Worn out! She fell asleep on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment