Saturday, June 11, 2011

Getting to know me through my food

I read this fun post by Glenneth at Let's Talk and Walk and just had to do it, too. It's a fun little meme, and different from the ones I've seen around.

A is for Apple: What’s your favorite variety?
I love Fuji apples! Although I like most apple varieties - just not Red Delicious. Red Flavorless is more like it!
B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?
Ooohh... beer bread, whole wheat bread, sourdough bread, honey wheat... I love bread.
C is for Cereal: What is your favorite kind currently? (just one!)
Oh goodness. I like several cereals! I love Basic 4, Frosted Miniwheats, Kashi Honey Sunshine, and Lucky Charms
D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?
Rarely have them, but I do love the custard filled ones with chocolate on top. Or the apple filled from the school donut fundraisers.
E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?
Omelet, scrambled, or deviled. Or egg salad.
F is for Fat Free: What is your favorite fat free product?
fruits and vegetables, tea.
G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?
Target, Ingles, or Food City
H: is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?
hot tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino
I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Marble Slab chocolate with cherries mixed in. Or sweet cream with cherries and chocolate chips. Vanilla with fresh peaches. Vanilla with a spoonful of peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Honey on vanilla. (I love ice cream)
J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor?
Apple, peach, mango, apricot, or cherry. Homemade grape is amazing, too.
K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product?
Honey Sunshine cereal, hands down. It's so sweet and crispy and delicious.
L is for Lunch: What was yours today?
Turkey and provolone on whole wheat, a small salad of spring greens, cucumber, carrot, raisins, and black beans with raspberry vinaigrette, and canteloupe.
M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
I really can't think of a favorite! I mostly use our microwave to defrost frozen things and warm foods for Sophie. I sometimes buy microwave meals for lunch at work, but don't have a favorite.
N is for nutrients: Do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Carbs for sure.
O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?
Olive oil mostly, sesame oil sometimes. I only use vegetable oil for baking, which isn't often.
P is for protein: How do you get yours?
Eggs, peanut butter, cheese, a little meat.
Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?
With cinnamon. It's also delicious with a handful of dried cranberries mixed in!
R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast?
I have never roasted anything sucessfully. I tried to roast some pecans once, and ended up with little charcoal pellets.
S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?
Club sandwich, if it's made properly with super-crispy bacon.
T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?
Pretty well. I like to try new things. I've noticed, though, that when we travel I have a reduced amount of fruits and vegetables so I tend to get a little ill several days in.
U is for unique: What is one of your weirdest food combos?
Do I even have any weird combos?? I put ketchup on fried potatoes, does that count?
V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?
One a Day Women's formula usually. Still taking prenatals until the bottle runs out or Sophie is fully weaned, whichever comes first.
W is for wasabi: Yay or nay?
I'll pass.
X is XRAY: If we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
The remnants of my lunch.
Y is for youth: What food reminds you of your childhood?
lefse, krumkake, rosettes, ice cream with chocolate syrup
Z is for zucchini: How do you prepare it?
I just bought one at the farmer's market today. I have no idea how to prepare it! Calling my mother later to find out :)

1 comment:

  1. We have a storm ready to strike and I've already lost my internet once so I'll try to make this quick: this is wonderful and it is going to be the subject of my blog in the next couple of days.

    Ingles....memories of visiting Asheville last year. I had never heard of that supermarket chain before.

    And speaking of zucchini, the local Wegmans was giving out samples of zucchini soup this afternoon. I'll try to include that recipe when I blog my version of this meme.

    And now gotta run. I think the storm is almost here.

    ReplyDelete