Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finding shapes in the (word) clouds

On Monday, the theme day from Blogathon 2011 was to create a Wordle from our blog posts and post it. I couldn't figure the posting it part out, though, so just posted a link to my Wordle.

Later, though, another Blogathon participant shared another site, Tagxedo. With Tagxedo, you can create word clouds from a blog, Twitter, Facebook, a news topic, RSS feed, or a search topic. You can also choose from many different shapes. One huge plus for me over the Wordle site? The save and share function. You can easily save the image file to your computer, or share on various social media platforms.

Here is the word cloud I created yesterday:

2 comments:

  1. love it!!! I'm going to check out the site because I found it difficult to figure out how to save it in a format which could be seen...thus had to get help via Nisha (fellow blogger)...let's see if I can figure this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was easy! When you click on "save and share" a box pops up and you just choose which size and format you want to save as. A huge step up from Wordle, which apparently requires a screen capturing software.

    ReplyDelete