Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 24 - This one goes out to the ones I love

Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)

1. I Know What I Am, Band of Skulls
2. Single Ladies, Beyonce
3. They All Laughed, Charlie Biddle Trio ft. Stephanie Biddle
4. Like a Star, Corinne Bailey Rae
5. You Gotta Be, Des'ree
6. Seasons of Love, Rent soundtrack
7. Cinderella, Cheetah Girls
8. Hands, Jewel
9. Heaven, Live

This playlist is for two girls, Emma and Sophie. Now for the explainations.

1. Always know who you are. Don't let anyone make you into something you're not.

2. When you are older and dating, make him work for it. Don't settle for second best. And if you are dating someone forever and you just aren't sure - if he's really the one, he'll put a ring on it. At least you will be discussing it. And if you have a feeling of doubt or worry when discussing it, he's not the one.

3. When you find the right one for you, don't let other people tell you otherwise. Someone will always want to define your relationship for you, or tell you what you should do based on their experiences. Ignore them and live your own life.

4. Just like a star across my sky
Just like an angel off the page
You have appeared to my life
Feel like I'll never be the same
Just like a song in my heart
Just like oil on my hands
Oh, I do love you

5. Be bold. Be strong. Be wise. Know you are loved.

6. Measure your life in the important things - friends, laughter, love.

7. Em outgrew this group a few years ago, but this song still has a great message: I don't wanna be Cinderella, waiting for someone to come rescue me. I'd rather rescue myself. I hope both girls live by this.

8. Your hands are your own, so is your life.

9. How could I look at these two and not believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment