Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 20 - Nancy Reagan would approve

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Remember the old "Just Say No" campain from Nancy Reagan? I guess it was in the mid-80s because I was in elementary school. Or how about the egg in a frying pan?

They sure didn't give many details, did they?

As for alcohol, it falls into my "everything in moderation" category. I am not a drinker myself, personally I can't stand the taste of alcohol, but if someone wants to enjoy adult beverages, more power to them! As long as they are responsible about it, who am I to judge? Don't drink and drive and have someone sober in charge of the kids and you're ok with me.

Drugs are a different story. Drugs are bad. More than just "frying your brain" like the egg commercial, they ruin lives. Of course not ALL drugs are evil; many of them are wonderful healing tools prescribed by doctors (and yes, I include marijuana in this category. It's been proven over and over again.). But the bad ones - meth, heroin, cocaine, whatever else is out there - they are so not worth ever trying. And watch out for those prescriptions, too - some of those can be addicting as well. Frequently I hear in the news about a pharmacy being robbed for Oxycontin or Vicodin.

Just say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment