Friday, December 16, 2011

I admit I've been slacking on NaBloPoMo posts. But truthfully, the promts just aren't that great! I read several of the November prompts and loved them, so I'm a bit disappointed this time around. The theme is gifts, but their idea of gifts seems so narrow that the questions almost repeat themselves.
Here are the promts so far:
  • What was the last handmade gift you gave?
  • What was a gift that wasn't well-received?
  • What is your favourite gift you ever gave someone?
  • Which do you enjoy more: receiving or giving?
  • What gift do you regret losing?
  • What gift do you regret breaking?
  • What was your favourite thing you received below the age of 10?
  • What was the strangest thing that ever made your gift wish list?
  • Do you like to try to guess your gifts ahead of time?
  • What was the first gift you ever made another person?
  • What was the most disappointing gift you received as a child?
  • What was the first tangible gift you remember receiving?
Not only do my answers start to get repetitive, it seems like the questions are also. And there is such a focus on "stuff." Yes, I could get all metaphorical and turn the question around, but this time of year I don't have the brain power to do that every day. And also - am I the only one who does not keep a mental journal of gifts? Most of my answers are "I don't remember." I'll still check the prompts daily, though, and use the ones that speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment