Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to say "I love you"

I found this journaling prompt and it immediately started me thinking. What are different ways I say "I love you" without actually saying it?

Obviously it's different for each person. What matters to one family member isn't even on the radar of another. Here are some things that I do, though, because I love them:

Bring home little surprises
Buy and cook favorite foods
Give up control of the radio (VeggieTales CD for Sophie, give up control of the remote to Emma even when I love the song currently playing)
I used to put little notes in Emma's lunch box when she was in elementary school. I didn't think she cared until I missed a day.
Pinterest - I have a board of 'stuff" for each person
Thinking of you texts
All three of us - my husband, Emma, and myself - often snap pictures of something the other person would like and send it in a message
Hugs
Tickles

I know there are others, but this is the basic idea. What are things you do to show someone you love them? Leave a comment - we can pick up new ideas from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment