Sunday, June 23, 2013

Deception

I've deceived my daughter, and I'm very proud of it. 
It's really what kind of truck??


Because of her allergy, she can't have snow cones or Icees. However, instead of an ice cream truck we have a snow cone truck that tours our neighborhood in the summer. Potential daily meltdown, right?

The first time we were outside and she heard the music, she asked me what it was. I told her it was the Happy Music Truck that drives around neighborhoods playing music to make kids happy.

Yes, I totally lied.

Now, when she hears the music, instead of throwing a fit begging for a dollar, or because he always comes through at dinner time, or because she just can't have one anyway, she is happy. She claps her hands and says "Mommy! The happy music truck is here!" and we go on with what we're doing. There is peace in the house.

I have no regrets about this lie.

1 comment: