Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So this happened.



I was innocently driving to work, when I saw a spider on the inside of my windshield. This is what filled my brain next:

OMG OMG OMG there is a spider in my car! Where's that tissue I had... there. Oh no, the spider is gone. Where did it go?? It was crawling toward the crack between the windshield and the car, maybe it's in the dark area. Oh no, stay in this lane. Don't need to have an accident on the interstate. Imagine explaining that? "There was a spider in my car, officer! No, not a huge one, quite small actually. But STILL!" Yeah, don't see that going over well. I still can't find it. OMG. OMG. Ok, you're okay. Deep breaths. Deep breaths and the shudders and goosebumps should go away. Maybe. OMG my leg itches! What if it fell down and crawled up the side of my boot and now is in my pants?! Or in my boot?? OMG it itches!! There's a spider in my boot. What am I going to do? It has to get out! Calm down, it's highly unlikely the spider crawled up your boot and down into it that quickly, and you would have felt it going down your leg, not just a sudden spot. Probably. Ok, traffic light. Time to examine that crack where the window meets the car and find that spider and squish it. Where is it? OMG it's not there. It IS in my boot after all! Oh it itches! It's going to bite me!! Deep breaths, you can do this. Almost to work. Do NOT pull over and run out of the car screaming. Do not. It's not that bad. Deep breaths.

****

Finally I made it to work. I went straight to the restroom and took off my pants, socks, and boots to check for spiders. Nothing.

For the record, I'm not that much of a crazy person! I was bitten by a spider, too quickly to see what kind other than it's small size, and discovered I'm allergic to spiders. And crawling across your windshield right in front of your face is NO picnic, either.

I hope it's gone by the end of the work day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. love this. something similar happened to me. i had a loaner car for the day and looked in the rearview mirror and could see the spider. FREAKED out. pulled into emergency lane, got out of car. then finally managed to find and kill said spider before getting back into car. i hope your spider is gone as well. :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God I would have totally flipped out, too. You're not a crazy person at all!

    ReplyDelete