Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday randomness

I don't like egg nog.

I make a good salad. Today's consisted of spring mix, sprouts, sliced cucumber, pomegranate, and mandarine oranges, all topped with balsamic vinaigrette. Yum.

Turns out I make good hummus, too.

Peppermint mocha Coffeemate is amazing.

The frosting recipe on Pinterest called "That's the best frosting Ive ever tasted!" is misnamed. Either that or the writer needs to try more frosting. It was "meh" at best. Great consistency, though!

The countdown to the Doctor Who Christmas special makes me excited every day, until I realize that it's also the countdown to Christmas itself, then I panic. It's 60 today! While I love these temperatures, I cannot get into the holiday spirit when it's this nice out.

I think I'm more excited about my upcoming four day weekend than the holiday itself. I'm so tired lately.

Today we're getting new windows in our house. My husband is texting me photos of each window as it's completed, and I am loving it. I can't wait to get home and see them in person. Our old windows were horrible. Four of them wouldn't stay up by themselves, and one was duct-taped together to keep it where it belonged. Not kidding.

Last month we had new insulation put in our attic space. Instead of fiberglass that needs to be replaced periodically, we went with a radiant barrier insulation. Over the weekend we got our first electric bill with the insulation. It was around $100 less than the past few months. After the windows are complete, we're anticipating our bill will be half what it had been.

2 comments:

  1. loved the randomness of each and every comment- glad you are getting new windows...but I hope you get some rest as you mentioned feeling tired! If I come and visit- please make hummus for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the lower bill! And I agree, peppermint coffeemate is amazing!

    ReplyDelete