Saturday, February 4, 2012

Project Birthday Party is complete

Today was Sophie's birthday party! I had been planning the party using Pinterest for a while now. That is where I found the theme and many of the ideas. Some turned out better than expected, some... not so much and I had to improvise.
Here are the results! Idea source links will follow.
The cake

Elmo Oreos

Gift table

Favor bag table

Blowing out the candles

Cake ready for cutting, and ice cream cups

Birthday girl!

Banner
Closeup of cake
Closeup of tissue paper pompoms and favor bags

The menu:
Funfetti vanilla cake with colored vanilla icing
Chocolate chip ice cream
Goldfish (Elmo loves his goldfish!)
Fruit platter
Elmo Oreos
Strawberry lemonade
Soda for grown-ups

Links:
Ice cream idea
Tissue poms
Elmo printables - used for cup stickers, banner clouds, lettering, and decorations
Original inspiration behind the cake. I improvised.
Cookies - The sticks kept making the Oreos come apart so I improvised again.
Banner
Favor bags and tablewear from Party City

5 comments:

  1. All very well done!!!! Looks like a party any little girl would have totally enjoyed. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest, you have used it really well as inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Found you on Bloggy Mom Feb. Hop - Welcome to blogging

    Hope you'll come by and follow me too!

    http://mommieagain.com
    http://randomtipsonhealthyeating.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute party! I love the look of those Oreos. Such a good idea! New follower from the February hop. Feel free to follow back at www.dandygiveaway.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute Elmo cupcakes! My little guy would love those!

    www.notimefortea.com

    ReplyDelete