Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fears

(Again, blog challenge found here)

Day 2 of this challenge is about fears. Describe 3 legitimate fears I have and explain how they came about. Sounds easy enough, right?

1. I'm afraid of ducks and cows. Not pictures, toys, or anything like that, but being around them in person. Exposed. No walls or fence to protect me.
Image from flickr.com

I'll wait for you to stop laughing.

No really, stop.

Why am I afraid of ducks and cows? It's simple, really - they started it!

When I was little, we used to go to a duck pond and feed the ducks. These big, ugly black ducks with red bills.

These:
 These ducks are mean. They chased me and bit me. Evil things.

As for the cows? That one is simple. I was near one, and something startled it, and it reared up at me like a horse does! Cows are huge, and I knew that was bad. I haven't been able to get close to one since.



2. Like every parent, I'm terrified of something happening to either of my daughters. This fear is bestowed at birth, I'm sure, and is pretty self-explanatory. Both girls tested this within their first couple days of life but thankfully both are healthy and full of life.

3. Heights. I'm fine on planes, but can't stand being near the edge of balconies and decks. Observation towers? Aerial trams? Nope and nope.

I've ridden this before. It's horrifying.




No comments:

Post a Comment