Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sophieisms

This post will not be exciting or insightful. It's main purpose is to record some of the expressions/mispronunciations Sophie uses so we'll remember them. But just for fun - how many can you figure out? Most are pretty plain, but there are a couple tough ones.




Don't mess with her chinch fries!



Hosey posey

Restinant

Panpakes

Chinch fries

Mudder

Shamwich

Nuffin

Muse-kick

Bath-bird

Nunny bar

Burger

Sben

Papize!

Ipsy ipsy spider

Hip & scop

Grandpresents

And I love how she uses a b sound in place of the v sound in words - bitamins, begetables, Beggie Tales.  One Sophieism I am sad to see fall off the list, though, is got-fir (forgot). I loved that! "I gotfir my drink!" "I gotfir bout it."

1 comment:

  1. And the translations:
    Hokey Pokey
    Restaurant
    Pancakes
    French fries
    Mother
    Sandwich
    Nothing
    Music
    Bird bath
    Nutty bar (the snack)
    Booger (when she sneezes)
    Sven
    Surprise!
    Itsy Bitsy Spider
    Hop & skip
    Grandparents

    ReplyDelete