Monday, May 25, 2009

It's almost time!

Happy Memorial Day!

My husband and I are spending the three day weekend working like crazy to get things done around the house.  We had two plumbing projects, and also I'm trying to make sure everything possible is done in the house to keep me from overdoing things this week.

Tomorrow I am having surgery on my wrist.  Since I won't be able to write, start my car, and other things necessary for work, I am taking the whole week off.  I will be in an immobilizing brace for a week, then it should be two more weeks for complete healing..  I'm afraid I won't be able to text or use a computer mouse either, so if I'm absent from Skirt and Twitter for a while, that is why.

I'm already trying to figure out how I will fill my time.  I plan on visiting the library in the morning to stock up on books. My surgery isn't until 2, don't have to be at the hospital until 1, so I will have time thank goodness.  I forgot to go Saturday morning.  My mother is coming over to take me to the hospital tomorrow and will spend the night here and take Emma to her doctor's appointment Wednesday morning.  It is her last visit for her broken arm.  She is no longer BrokenBaby!  This visit will clear her for regular activity.

I hope this surgery is worth it.  I had so much pain in the beginning, but it's not a constant now.  Like right now, it doesn't hurt THAT bad. Last night I even did pilates and yoga with no pain (in my hand anyway) but when I made the bed, pulling the blanket straight sent shooting pain down my arm.  Then I remember trying to take notes in class this spring - I just couldn't do it.  I will be so disappointed if I still have the same pain after the healing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment