Thursday, March 10, 2016

5 ways to win my heart (not that it's available)

Prompts found here

My heart was spoken for long ago (this fall will be our 19th anniversary!) but this was the first prompt in the nifty list I found. So here is how you could win my heart, if it was not already taken.

1. Trust me. Trust me to know what I want, what I need, and to know what I'm talking about. I hate it when I have legitimate knowledge of something, or experience, and get brushed off like I couldn't possibly know. Trust that I know what I'm doing, even if it seems like I don't.

2. Accept my crazy, laugh with me, but never ever ever laugh at me. My thoughts don't always flow logically and I can reach the wrong conclusion the first time, but a simple redirection can help me get on the correct path. I seem random, saying things that appear to be out of nowhere, but if you ask I could actually take you on the concrete path I followed from point A to point Q.

3. Give me time to decompress. I love being around people. I can be quite social. But I also need time to be quiet, to read, to write, or to just do nothing. My brain gets overwhelmed and my body just shuts down. When I get there, everything I look at becomes "I can't even." Quiet time recharges me.

4. Surprise me with a flower, a sweet text, by making dinner, by cleaning up. Kiss me on the forehead, give me a long hug.

5. Support me. I don't care if you don't agree with me on big topics like politics, religion, equal rights. I may question it, but I don't begrudge your right to believe however you want. But support my right to believe how I believe without telling me how wrong I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment