Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who am I?

I don't know if it's the dreary weather or what, but something today has triggered my introspective button. I occasionally visit this place, but not often. I'm not sure yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Overall, I am happy. Maybe more introspection would change that. Maybe it would help me to be TRULY happy. Time will tell.

You know that question that is often asked, "What would you do if money was not an issue?" Or how about this one - "What would you do if you knew you would not fail?" Everyone has their own answers to these questions. I see people around me actually DOING and not simply ANSWERING. I want to be one of those people!

If I did not have to work to help support our family, I would not right now. I honestly do like my job, that isn't the issue at all. In fact, it makes it easy to go in every day, easier to leave my children in the care of others for the day. I am thankful for my job and that I do enjoy it.

However, "real" life gets in the way of "aspired" life. Or INSPIRED life. I want time to write. Time to paint. Time to make jewelry and hair clips. Time to simply CREATE. I want time to cook good food for my family. I want to make salads and desserts and main courses and lots and lots of vegetables.

What would I do if I knew for sure I would not fail? I'd write. I'd write every day. I'd write stories about people I'd want to spend time with. Strong, capable people, kind and loyal and funny. I'd write about the sunshine and the grass and the trees. I'd write about a baby's laughter and love of dance. I'd  write about a fledgling teenager's dreams. I'd write with the windows open and a breeze blowing and the radio playing in the background. I'd write something to entertain the world, and something to change the world.

But most importantly, I would begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment